TG MTS Test campaign – Finding system metadata values
Go up to the main TG MTS
The INSPIRE metadata implementing rules set out the requirements for the creation and maintenance of metadata for spatial data sets, spatial data set series and spatial data services corresponding to the themes listed in Annexes I, II and III to Directive 2007/2/EC. It defines a number of metadata elements, their multiplicities and the value domains to be used in the metadata.
Whether the IUT is subject to above requirements depends on the Member State’s designation of its LPIS as dataset under one of the INSPIRE themes. This TG MTS merely selects the metadata elements for datasets, if these are relevant under 2013R1306 art 48.1 (Access to information) and in particular linked to 2013R640 art 6.2 (LPIS quality assessment). Only the information that is relevant for the processing and understanding of the LPIS QA activities has been selected.
One can consider the INSPIRE metadata and orthoimagery implementing rules as the reference model for a common ATS/ETS. Hence the methodology for retrieving and reporting the system metadata is identical to the methodology above used for the data value mapping (test campaign – Model ETS). The only difference is than not the LCM but the INSPIRE metadata/orthoimagery model is referenced to. The model elements are referenced, but not duplicated here.
As a consequence, TG MTS uses two metadata reference sources:
- IR MD: “INSPIRE Metadata Implementing Rules constitute technical Guidelines based on EN ISO 19115 and EN ISO 19119” support Commission Regulation (EC) No 1205/2008 of 3 December 2008 implementing Directive 2007/2/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards metadata - http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/documents/Metadata/MD_IR_and_ISO_20131029.pdf
- DS OI: “D2.8.II.3 Data Specification on Orthoimagery – Technical Guidelines” describes the INSPIRE Data Specification for the spatial data theme Orthoimagery -
This TG MTS provides two types of system metadata records: one for the spatial themes in vector/grid format and one for the ortho-rectified imagery.
Although many elements of these two metadata record types match those from IR MD, TG MTS does not require the creation of the record as specified in that IR MD. However, if an IR MD record is already available, much of TG MTS system metadata can be directly extracted from there.
6.2 System metadata for vector/thematic datasets
Relevant vector/thematic datasets in the IUT, are the theme of reference parcels, as well as optional source datasets.
- Each LPIS must hold a theme with the assembled reference parcels, each of which holds a maximum eligible area for direct payments, as it used during the crosscheck. This theme delivers the population of reference parcels that is subject to the ETS data value inspection. It is the output of the processes identified by the IXIT qualifier “D”.
- There may be ancillary source vector (or even raster) thematic data, applicable when identified by the IXIT; perimeters from a cadastral map, borders from a land cover inventory, a collection of land scape features. These datasets are identified respectively by IXIT qualifiers “A”, “B” or “C”.
The MTS system metadata record for a vector dataset holds these values:
6.3 System metadata for ortho datasets
Relevant ortho image data sets are the 1/5000 or larger scale ortho-image dataset(s), aerial and/or satellite, that, as a combination covers the whole territory and provides the most recent capture for a given site. It is in use for the graphical processes (application, LPIS upkeep) of the direct payments.
- If two or more distinct datasets cover the entire territory of the IUT, a separate metadata record for each is appropriate.
- The OTSC (ortho) imagery, acquired for the annual OTSC processes and provided by JRC, is not considered.
The MTS system metadata record for an ortho image dataset holds these values:
6.4 Metadata reporting requirements
For each separate spatial dataset identified or mentioned in the IXIT, whether vector, raster or imagery, an individual system metadata record is required.
By consequence, for any given IUT, at least two metadata records are expected
- One vector metadata record for the assembled reference parcels (IXIT-qualifier “D”).
- One image metadata record for the latest image coverage.
Depending on the use of ancillary data, the state of the image coverage and the dates of the last systematic update of the datasets, additional metadata records have to be delivered.
Go up to the main TG MTS page
- There is a revised version from 2017: “Technical Guidance for the implementation of INSPIRE dataset and service metadata based on ISO/TS 19139:2007”. Implementation specification for defining metadata for INSPIRE datasets and services in ISO/TS 19139 based XML format in compliance with the INSPIRE Implementing Rules for metadata - https://inspire.ec.europa.eu/id/document/tg/metadata-iso19139. This version will be implemented, after the completion of the current work on the IACS data sharing and the finalization of DS/CDP/2019/04 Draft.