Region and projection
Region of Interest
Geographical framing of the products of the different sensors in MCYFS
Dxy = pixel size/resolution (1°/112=0.00892857143)
Xmin … Ymax = Map co-ordinates of IMG-edges, which are the co-ordinates of the outer edges of these pixels.
Ncol, Nrec, Npix = number of columns, records and pixels
All the MCYFS remote sensing data over the pan-European continent are stored in the INSPIRE-LAEA system, as prescribed by the EU INSPIRE initiative. The INSPIRE-LAEA system is defined as follows:
- Geodetical datum: ETRS89
- Map Projection:
- Family: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area (LAEA), with the formulae holding for the ellipse (Snyder, 1987).
- Projection ellipse: GRS80 (same as WGS84)
- True origin at Lon0 = 10.00°, Lat0 = 52.00°
- Map shift: false easting X0 = 4 321 000 m, false northing Y0 = 3 210 000 m
- Image Framing: the northwestern corner is fixed (Xmin=2 275 000 m, Ymax=5 415 000 m) but the southeastern extension varies slightly with the resolution.