The (re)calibration of crops for WOFOST and LINGRA are performed using different calibration tools and agropheno datasets.
- WOFOST_Control_Centre: user interface to run wofost crop model and interactive selection of crop-, soil-, weather-files. Changes interactively model parameters. Analyse results in table and graphical format. Used for manually local calibrations.
- Calplat. Optimization platform to create zonations and execute automatic calibrations.
- Calibration Manager. Python script that combines Python wofost with open optimizer NLopt to automatically calibrate multiple zones and multiple parameters.
- AETS: Data for Ukraine and Turkey. Added in 2016.
- Bilateral Austria. Added in 2016.
- Bilateral Germany. Added in 2016.
- Bilateral Slovakia. Added in 2016.
- Bilateral Slovenia. Added in 2016.
- Bilateral Ukraine. Added in 2017.
- Boons-Prins study. Added in 2005.
- Crop-KUL: crop parameters, including Kc coefficients, created with the KUL University. Added in 2006.
- Geosys/ASEMARS. Added in 2006 and 2007.
- MARS Activity-B-2001. Added in 2016.
- MOCA: crop data from (at that time) candidate member states. Added in 2005.
- MOCCASIN project. Added in 2017.
- PASK (Pasture Knowledge base) DB which collects the most recent pasture data on new Member States. This DB was released in 2003.
- MARSOP4 - general target values for LAI and HI. Added in 2017.
- Zentralanstalt fur meteorologie und geodynamik. Added in 2008.
The data are available at climate grid resolution.
|Crop||DB sources EU15||DB Sources EU25||Type||MODEL|
|Winter (Soft) Wheat||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Spring Barley||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Winter Rape seed||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Grain maize||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Sugar beet||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Potato||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Sunflower||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Recalibration||WOFOST|
|Durum wheat||See winter wheat||See winter wheat||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Winter Barley||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. and MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Rye||No data available||MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Oat||No data available||MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Spring Rape seed||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||CGMS/KUL Univ. & MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Field beans||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Field Peas||No data available||MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Soy Bean||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||MOCA DB||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Rice||CGMS/KUL-Univ. DB||No data available||Calibration||WOFOST|
|Rye Grass||LINGRA & PASK DB||PASK DB||Recalibration||LINGRA|
|Alfalfa||PASK DB||PASK DB||Calibration||LINGRA|
|Tomato||No data available||No data available||Calibration||CGMS SYTEM|
The calibration consist in the following subtasks:
- Consistency check of the datasets (area of interest, make decisions how to calibrate the models and which part of the DBs to exploit).
- Coherent recalibration from EU15 to EU25 with the results of the consistency check of the existing crops.
- Calibration of new crops at EU25 level. This includes verifications of the consistency of the CGMS output by runnin simulations up to level 3 in order to verify the output obtained using the new crop parameters.
- Validation with sub data sets.
The calibration and the validation can be done according to one of the following strategy/approaches based on the data availability:
- Strong: Based on complete sets of crop parameters from experimental fields.
- Medium: Based exploiting as much as possible the crop parameters data available in the DBs.
- Light: Based on TSUM derived from CGMS level 1 and basic crop calendars. As the information of crop start-emergence/flowering/end-of-maturity at grid level are the basic information available in the system, the main tables which are analyzed are the WEATHER_OBS_GRID and the WEATHER_OBS_GRID_LTA to relate meteo data with calendar day to calculate crop TSUM.