FOODSEC Meteodata Distribution Page
From 01/01/2012 the FoodSec meteodata dissemination tool underwent some changes.
ECMWF ERA INTERIM reanalysis model data (downscaled from original 1 degree to 0.25 degree by MeteoConsult) are available from 1989 to 2010. Data from 01/01/2011 are ECMWF OPERATIONAL (upscaled from original 0.16 degree to 0.25 degree by MeteoConsult). MeteoConsult also calculated some additional parameters, such as global radiation and evapotranspiration.
ECMWF ERA40 reanalysis model data (at 1 degree resolution) are available from 1978 to 2002.
Data are available 2 days after the end of each dekad and are downloaded as shapefiles, available for single countries or continents.
For any further information, please contact Felix Rembold.
Please fill-in all the fields.
Once your request has been submitted, it will be processed by our servers and a notification message containing the download details will be sent to the provided email address.
All requests are processed in the shortest time possible.
Should you not receive the notification message within 24h, please report to: Felix Rembold.
Your email address is only used with your permission for the above mentioned purpose. Your informations will be kept confidential and not redistributed.
* TAV - average temperature - (C)
* TMAX - maximum temperature - (C)
* TMIN - minimum temperature - (C)
* RRR - precipitation sum - (mm = liters/m2)
* E0 - evapo-transpiration sum (over water) - (mm = liters/m2)
* ES0 - evapo-transpiration sum (bare soil) - (mm = liters/m2)
* ET0 - evapo-transpiration sum (Penman-Monteith) - (mm = liters/m2)
* RAD - global radiation sum - (kJ/m2 per dekad)
* SDAV - average snow depth - (cm)
* SDMIN - minimum snow depth - (cm)
* SDMAX - maximum snow depth - (cm)
* CWB - climatic water balance - (mm = liters/m2)
* FFAV - average wind speed - (m/s) (available just for ERA INTERIM + OPE)
* VAPAV - avearge water vapour pressure - (hPa) (available just for ERA INTERIM + OPE)
* LATITUDE - (Deg.decDeg)
* LONGITUDE - (Deg.decDeg)
* YEAR - (yyyy)
* MONTH - (mm)
* DEKAD - [1-2-3]
* ACQDATE - (dd/mm/yyyy)
Note for data downloaded before 01/01/2012
Data available up to 31/12/2011 were:
* ERA INTERIM at 0.25 degree resolution (from 1989): this data set was composed of (downscaled) ERA INTERIM up to 31/12/2007 and (upscaled) OPERATIONAL from 01/01/2008 on.
* ERA 40 at 1 degree resolution (from 1978): this data set was composed of ERA INTERIM up to 31/12/2002 and (upscaled) OPERATIONAL from 01/01/2003 on.